Monday, February 21, 2011

Another Visit to Fish Friday!

We went to Gouyave again to take in Fish Friday and stopped in for a visit with Lester.

Fish Friday was just getting underway - met some other Canadians - and from the West! There was a band setting up, so we headed over to Lester's for Barry's Friday Night Cheese Burger. Lester didn't think it was right that I wasn't eating, so surprised me with the best piece of fish I think I have ever had (or at least a close second to the Halibut I had at the little restaurant in Genoa Bay). It was right out of the pan - juicy, hot with a hint of citrus - and turned out to be Mahi Mahi. I am still drooling thinking about it this morning.

After that snack and visit, we went back to where the band had set up. It was a community steel band from Florida (Grenada, West Indies - not USA).


   
They were so good - and really enjoyed them - especially the girls that were playing the 6 piece drums! I managed to get some video from the camera - excuse the filming - apparently you aren't supposed to be dancing while filming. Next time Barry can do it:)


Enjoy the video:)

No comments:

Post a Comment